Keystone Style Pallet Racks
Keystone rack was developed in an effort to provide you with a total storage handling system; one that maximizes efficiency, uses the least amount of space, and delivers the best return on investment. It is designed for fast, simplified installation and offers a range of accessories that make it extremely versatile. It also offers interchangeability with existing installations utilizing the Keystone design connector.
For years, boltless pallet racks have been popular, due to quick assembly without tools, and a low purchase price. However, many users have found that the open-back roll formed columns do not withstand the inevitable fork truck impacts, thus any initial savings are more than offset by high maintenance and replacement costs. There is now a solution for storage racks design which retains the benefits of a boltless rack, while offering substantially more durability.
We offer an industry standard "KEYSTONE" connection, and is in fact interchangeable with the many of the pallet racking systems in use today. However, a closed tubular column shape is utilized. Independent engineering tests have confirmed that the Tubular Column has over 250% more frontal impact strength than a comparable open back column. Additional benefits include:
- 44 times more torsional strength (resistance to twisting)
- 68 percent more side impact resistance
- 3 rivet connection with 26% greater strength than two rivets
- High strength closed tubes for frame braces and step beams
Because of these benefits, not only are many buyers of new racks opting for the new tubular design, but many users of existing open back (roll formed) boltless rack are now replacing their damaged upright frames with closed tubular style frames. Because we uses the same "tear drop" connection, these users are able to accomplish this upgrade while reusing their existing load beams, decreasing their cost.
Pallet Racks: Tubular Keystone Boltless Upright Benefits
- Our boltless rack columns are constructed of closed structural tubing. This allows for 44 times more resistance to torsional fork truck impact loads than open-back "roll formed" columns made by other manufacturers.
- Upright frame features a keystone connection slot. This connection type is interchangeable with several other pallet racking systems, allows for 2" vertical beam adjustments, and fits tightly under heavy loads.
- It's easy to replace existing damaged frames with tubular frames, while utilizing your existing load beams. With our boltless rack frames you get more durability, lower maintenance costs, improved safety and longer service life.
- Holes are placed on the column's face, not the corners, minimizing strength loss.
- Accessory holes on the column's side allow the use of bolt-in-row spacers and wall ties.
- Heavy gauge footpads are welded directly to the uprights, dispersing the column load more efficiently than conventional lighter footpads.
- Multiple offset anchor holes on footpad allow for reanchoring in cases where rebar interferes with anchoring.
- Footpads are flush with the column's sides, allowing for full "seating" of floor level load beams.
Keystone Style Pallet Racks: Load Beam Benefits
- All step beams feature a 1 5/8" step for decking or pallet support bar positioning.
- All beams are constructed of high-strength (55,000 p.s.i. minimum) steel.
- Our step beams are constructed of continuously welded structural tubing. There are no ledges or cracks to catch pallets, or trap moisture or debris.
Keystone Style Beam Connections
- All beam connections feature a 3-rivet connection and safety lock per beam end. This provides greater resistance to beam "tear out" than does a two-rivet connection.
- Safety locks are removable and can be replaced or repaired easily in the event of damage, unlike permanently attached locks.
- Safety locks are designed to exceed RMI standards and will withstand an accidental upward impact of 1,000 lbs. for operational safety.