Teardrop Style Pallet Racks
|Teardrop Style Pallet Rack|
We offer an industry standard "tear-drop" connection, and is in fact interchangeable with the majority of pallet racking systems in use today. However, a closed tubular column shape is utilized. Independent engineering tests have confirmed that the Tubular Column has over 250% more frontal impact strength than a comparable open back column. Additional benefits include:
- 44 times more torsional strength (resistance to twisting)
- 68 percent more side impact resistance
- 3 rivet connection with 26% greater strength than two rivets
- High strength closed tubes for frame braces and step beams
Because of these benefits, not only are many buyers of new pallet racks opting for the new tubular design, but many users of existing open back (roll formed) boltless rack are now replacing their damaged upright frames with closed tubular style frames. Because we uses the same "tear drop" connection, these users are able to accomplish this upgrade while reusing their existing load beams, decreasing their cost.
Pallet Rack: Tubular Teardrop Boltless Upright Benefits
- Our boltless rack columns are constructed of closed structural tubing. This allows for 44 times more resistance to torsional fork truck impact loads than open-back "roll formed" columns made by other manufacturers.
- Upright frame features a tapered keyhole connection slot. This connection type is interchangeable with several other rack systems, allows for 2" vertical beam adjustments, and fits tightly under heavy loads.
- It's easy to replace existing damaged frames with tubular frames, while utilizing your existing load beams. With our boltless rack frames you get more durability, lower maintenance costs, improved safety and longer service life.
- Holes are placed on the column's face, not the corners, minimizing strength loss.
- Accessory holes on the column's side allow the use of bolt-in-row spacers and wall ties.
- Heavy gauge footpads are welded directly to the uprights, dispersing the column load more efficiently than conventional lighter footpads.
- Multiple offset anchor holes on footpad allow for reanchoring in cases where rebar interferes with anchoring.
- Footpads are flush with the column's sides, allowing for full "seating" of floor level load beams.
Teardrop Style Pallet Racks: Load Beam Benefits
- All step beams feature a 1 5/8" step for decking or pallet support bar positioning.
- All beams are constructed of high-strength (55,000 p.s.i. minimum) steel.
- Our step beams are constructed of continuously welded structural tubing. There are no ledges or cracks to catch pallets, or trap moisture or debris.
Teardrop Style Beam Connections
- All beam connections feature a 3-rivet connection and safety lock per beam end. This provides greater resistance to beam "tear out" than does a two-rivet connection.
- Safety locks are removable and can be replaced or repaired easily in the event of damage, unlike permanently attached locks.
- Safety locks are designed to exceed RMI standards and will withstand an accidental upward impact of 1,000 lbs. for operational safety.